Friday, October 20, 2006

Tom's right

To a certain extent Tom is right, he and plenty of you don't understand me so I feel I should Explain myself.

Wealth-Back home I had no money even though I made more than I am making here, again we are talking about basic economics here. Things are cheaper, therefor I can save more money and still go out and do things. 5,500 RMB is a shitload of money here, your average college grad only makes about 2,000 a month and that would be considered a fairly good salary around here. Even so if I plan everything right and do a little part time work here and there putting money away won't be any trouble at all. Not to mention people aren't asking me for money all the time here. Back home I would get my paycheck and it would be spent within an hour, I would work my ass off for semingly nothing. Yeah maybe this wasn't a good move for Tom, He made twice as much as me. Still though out of 5500 RMB I could live on 2,000 with paying bills no problem, in fact after bills I could prolly live for about 150 a week, it's just that right now I am covering most of the basic living for both Tom and I, he helped me get here so I promised him certain things. Although this is not etched in stone when we g get fried noodles or rice, I usually pay, Ice cream, I pay, Internet cafe, I pay. Tom covers the cost for some things, but he still has cash, I'm broke. Yes I bought a guitar but I need to play, anyway enough about money.

The Job-yeah it's frustrating, what job isn't? and yes Tom is right about certain asspects of the business. Lets face it some people out there just aren't cut out to be teachers in the states or otherwise. No one wants to go to a class where the teacher odviously has no wish to be there, I know I never liked that. Yeah, the school is trying to make money but that doesn't mean the students can't learn something, it doesn't mean that curcumvention of the system isn't possible. I do it all the time and I get results, if children are bad "naughty" then tell their parents that. Their parents want them to learn english, that's why they are here. The onyl reason they want their kids entertained some is so they will come, chinese kids usually have 5 and a half days of school, sometimes 6 and a half and they are comign here for another couple hours. They have tons of homework and we are giving them more. So am I more accepting? No, not really I have just been a student a really long time, and I try and be like the teachers that I liked.

Leaving at gatherings and slamming the door-Well if your eating at a lazy susan and there are onyl 4 dishes, they all look like garbage, and they aren't on our side of the table, I'm sitting there registering my disgust. I don't really think there is any reason to say anything especially when I have already metioned I have a class to plan for. I have explained this to several people already and if it's an issue still ... then to bad, I hardly ever do it. And our door is hard to close sometimes you have to slam it but other than that Tom is a frustrating guy to live with, I know I am but half the time I ask Tom a question he just shruggs his shoulders or says something completely incomprehensible, I am willing to go out and I can tell it upsets him when I do so. It's just normal sibbling stuff why any of it is being mentioned in our blogs is beyond me really. Tom does however tell me that women that are quite beautiful have "Dog Faces", he'll be lying if he tells anyone otherwise. The price of high standards I suppose, they may nto be gorgeous

China-Yeah it's China, people do Illogical things all day. Again sometimes it's frustrating and sometimes it's just the way things are done. That doesn't mean I can't question it? The way I learn most things is by questining them, regardless of weather I find them frustrating or not. Seems like I may be the one that thought this was going to be more like home than we thought, and I turned out to be right.

Anyway I hope that clears it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home