Thursday, September 14, 2006

Another Day Another ... Yuan

It's more about the job than anything now, China is very fun and I love it here. However, I am finding it hard to go out and explore simply due to a lack of time. Hardest part about being a teacher is the planning and right now it's taking me allot more than 40 hours a week to get everything done. It's to the point where I am having to go home for an hour or two in the middle of the day just to have a little time to myself. Chinese students are very different to American ones as well, many of them can be very disrespectful. There is a kid talking and your standing right in front of him asking him to be quiet, all he does is look around you to talk to his friend. It's a battle at times and I find I am not much for teaching younger kids, I am sure it can be fun but right now it isn't for me. I love teaching students that are a little older in the 14 and up range, they seem to understand that these classes are trying to teach them something and if they would just listen they would learn. Some of the younger ones just look forward to break and not paying attention it seems, I told you guys it wasn't going to be fun and games. I'm to tired to go on about much right now. More tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you communicate over there with out knowing the Chinese Language. Obvious, your students all ready have a foundation of the English language before they go to your class??

Kevin

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home