Saturday, January 05, 2008

Stuff that has been going down.

I normally don't like republican candidates, however this Ron Paul guy seems like he may be alright. If I have an opportunity to vote I may just vote for him, he seems like a smart man and has some good ideas, of course many presidential candidates have promised things and have not done them. However, it seems to me that most americans don't have as much of a say in who becomes Pres. as we think we do. I don't think many people in the Gov right now would want him in office.
I am now working at a different school now, well same school but across the river from where I live in Hankou. It's a 30-45 minute commute to work and back almost every day but it's so nice not have to work with a nutcase, the classload is, and they actually believe in giving people holidays off. I find the bus trip at night to be quite relaxing, i get let off near a little shop that has great soy/meat balls. since i buy some from them pretty much every night they give me an extra one.
Tom bought me a great christmas gift, I will get a picture of it up when I get some batteries for my camera. It is a double edged sword using a digital camera with batteries that aren't rechargable, I feel this gift has made me far more creative in some ways.
My girlfriends father was in a rather bad Motorcycle accident, his right leg was shattered near the knee and he is looking at pins in his leg and a three month hospital stay. I gotta get back to work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug ...

Sounds like some sort of remedy to that situation is in place. Are you satisfied that it has been handled as best it could under the circumstances?

Tomorrow, Thursday, I start another taxing season of work. Ugh.

Yet another link re China economics
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/09/business/worldbusiness/09cnd-yuan.html

Patrick

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home