Sunday, December 09, 2007

I hate teeth

I don't get why teeth can't just be nerveless hunks of bone in your mouth, I mean why do they need nerves at all? You know I don't know what the deal is because I have never have had a root canal before, but man does my tooth hurt bad suddenly. It almost hurts as much as it did before I went in, ugh I just want it to be over. Why is it that your fine almost all day but when they finally decide to hurt it's at night? They are amazing little tools but at the same time they can be so much trouble, as much as I take care of them ... it's just to little to late I guess. On top of that this guy I work with flipped out again, I asked him a very simple question as he had a folder I needed and there was a lot of activity in the office, I believe it was "Is that the Lower Intermediate folder?" He flipped out and questioned why I was talking to him, told me I shouldn't even smile at him, called me a dumb ass and a motherfucker. He even threw down the 100 kuai "Punching" fine and came at me in front of our boss and a room full of students. It's almost like he wants to start a scene, the question was non provocative, I work with the man and as much as I would never like to speak to the prick it's impossible not to. Now I feel as though my safety is in question, he wants to strike me, and no one has ever looked at me with the kind of hate I see in his eyes. I think he may be mental as well, I am going to tell my boss I am not returning to work until something is done about the situation. They will not be able to fire me as I am going to have the backing of the foreign experts bureau. I left the US partially to get away from a crazy person, I am not going to work with one who wants to kill me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about the teeth. When I had mine done I was in so much pain that I had to go back in the next day and they gave me stronger pain pills until they could finish it. It helped but that is why I do not want to have another one done. It will get better after it is all done. Take care and be safe. Linda

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Doug ... the lead paragraphs in a NY Times article pretty much confirms what you've observed about prices in Wuhan.

"HONG KONG, Dec. 11 — Inflation accelerated further in China last month, government statisticians announced today, as rising costs for food and fuel together with government currency policies are sending prices up briskly across Asia.

Consumer prices were 6.9 percent higher in China in November than a year earlier — the biggest increase in Chinese prices in almost 11 years. The big contributors were food prices, which vaulted 18.2 percent, and fuel prices, which climbed 5.5 percent as the Chinese government raised regulated retail prices for gasoline and diesel, although these prices remain slightly below world levels at $2.65 a gallon."

The article goes on in some detail, but you get the idea.

Hope you get some relief re your dental problems.

Patrick

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home