Monday, November 05, 2007

My My

It seems as though we may have a debate on our hands here, If I ran into Anony at a bar and heard him talking all this shit about the country/city I chose to live and work in I would never want to see the dude again. I am trying to think positively about where am am whilst having a few retrospective moments of clear thought about the place good or bad, his shit just brings me down, it's like he is literally saying i should drop my gorgeous and loving woman, and all my plans i have for business here and flee. Sorta like you shit talking Harlingen Pat, we'd rather not hear it all the time. If any Chinese people see this blog, they are going to say hey this guy is a real "Cockhead" and think all Americans are like that. I mean this guy literally said "Money and Pussy" are the most important things, to me there is a bit more to life than that. I mean Chinese people can hardly argue that they are occasionally a but uncivilized, I have plenty of students who want to get out of here because people spit and smoke all the time. I dunno it just seems that calling people "Bumpkins" and shit like that is a little extreme, I mean correct me if I'm wrong but Wuhan is the 6th biggest city in china and well on the rise to becoming a great and popular city, more people in Wuhan than Tokyo ... i dunno that i have seen any Bumpkins there, i mean i am from south Texas, i would think i know what a bumpkin is. I mean if I were Chinese, not even from Wuhan but just Chinese I would have a serious problem with the defamatory terms about my culture that he is throwing around and have a soured opinion of most Americans. You know I call Zhengzhou a shit hole, but ask anyone from Zhengzhou and they will say the same thing. Most of them want to go to Wuhan, am i hitting the nail on the head here Tom? I mean i can't speak for you but we are generally pretty in sync. I half expect he doesn't leave his name because, because he doesn't want any of his Chinese pals from Wuhan to come to Korea and kick the shit out of him for trash talking them. Of course he's right about those other countries, and of course i want to go to the, now is just not the time.

Example:
Tom and i sitting on my couch, the phone rings it's Ev, i answer

Doug: Hello
Ev: hey what ya'll up to
Doug: nothing just watching a movie with my brother
Ev: ya'll wanna come out to vox, it's busy.
Doug: hang on, hey bro you wanna go out to vox ev says it's cool there tonight.
Tom: uhhhh is Anony there?
Doug: Hey Ev is Anony there?
Ev: yeah he's sitting at the table with me
Doug: yeah bro he's there
Tom: i normally wouldn't go anyway, but now i really don't want to.
Doug: hey Ev listen, we don't wanna be around that guy, in fact if your ever anywhere and he's there to, don't fucking call us.
Ev: Aight man (Click)

I get this feeling from a lot of Americans, Aussies and Canadians in China. It seems to attract real fucking assholes from those cultures. Most nights I would rather save money and stay home on the net, you get hit with less soap boxes that way. Anyway that's my two cents, as i said Tom i am not sure that's what your getting at ... but. Glad this is my blog and I can say this kinda stuff. Btw the shift key on this kb doesn't work.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute ... I'm perfectly accurate when I refer to Harlingen as "GFHH" ... god forsaken hell hole.
It's an internationally recognized fact ... UN Resolution 1016-USC ... look it up ... Harlingen is listed in with about a dozen hell holes around the world ... I think number 5 ... behind Lagos, Nigeria, and above Darfur, Sudan so don't complain about my "trash" talking Harlingen.

There.

Patrick

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, OK, let's go back and look at what I actually said. This is a straight cut-and-paste.
"DO NOT WASTE ANYMORE TIME IN THAT SHIT COUNTRY UNLESS YOU ARE MAKING MONEY. Which you are not! I am! I am only here because I am making six figures and getting lots of pussy. That's the only reason I am here. There is no other reason to be in this fucking bougainville shithole country."
Can you please point out to me where I said money and pussy are the ONLY important things? Actually, I think the most important thing is enjoying your life, your quality of life. And, in a place like China where quality of life is almost always terrible, you had better have another good reason for being there. Namely, interest in the culture, money, or sex. Now I used to be interested in the culture, until I realized that very few Chinese people even care about what happened 10 years ago, much less 100. And they have trashed their temples and historic buildings and replaced them with either bathroom-tile covered monstrosities of buildings, factories, or a few pockets of Disney-fied "heritage sites" that only exist to make money off tourists, they've killed or driven away all their educated people to Taiwan, Hong Kong, or abroad, and replaced them with ignorant corrupt Communist politicians (do me a little favor and read a bit about the Cultural Revolution and how they closed down the colleges and killed all the teachers and sent the students to farms) and basically trashed their environment so that the top 5% of society can get ultra rich and send their children to Swiss boarding schools while everyone else chokes on smog. In other words, anything great about Chinese culture has been almost totally replaced with the most disgusting, ignorant, money-obsessed, selfish culture that I know of. At least Americans, materialistic as they can be, have ideas of religious morality, right and wrong. In China, religion was wiped out during the cultural revolution. In China today, what is "right" is whatever you can get away with. You take care of your family and yourself and fuck everyone else...Period.
And I love how "holier-than-thou" you are about my admission that I am only staying in China because I am making money and getting laid a lot. Like you're above money and sex, when that's practically all you talk about on your blog: how you need to make more money and your girlfriend. Just admit it, you care about the exact same thing. That's fine, that's what motivates almost everyone. Money and sex. Beyond that it's religion, charity, culture, art, education, natural beauty, and other noble things like that. Which China has little to none of. So besides the fact that I'm talking with complete honesty (yes, because I can remain anonymous), is there anything else that bothers you about what I'm saying? Maybe, that you know it's true? This is not some argument that I'm trying to win. I'm telling you, because I used to be in your exact same situation, that I think you could be living a much more enjoyable life somewhere else, and that you should at least give it a try. Wuhan was the only Asian city I had ever lived in when I lived there, and I had no idea what I was missing. Maybe it's improved in the last five years, but I doubt it's much. That's my advice, take it or leave it. I dont' even know why I'm taking the time to say all this shit, I don't even know you.

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, this "debate" would be much more interesting if you would actually talk more about your response/opinion on what I'm saying and less about personal attacks on "me" or what kind of person you think I am. I never said anything about you personally, I just talk about my opinion of China and what I would do in your situation. Usually when someone starts making "ad hominem" attacks like you are, it means they don't have much of a real argument. It's too bad you'd never want to run into me in a bar, you might actually learn something from my mistakes if you'd listen with an open mind about it.

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nearest thing to un res 1016 has to do with the recovery of losses..primarily from Iraq..funny, Harlingen wasn't mentioned :) :O :(

Harlingen is 34.1 miles in circumference..I get out of the house at 7:45 and cross town to work and get there at 7:53. Not bad for rush hour traffic. Now let's say I lived "Oh, I don't know....mabey Austin"...well I'd probably (to make it to work crossing town) have to leave about 6:45 to get there by 7:53. Of course, I'd probably rather just shoot myself in the head and save myself the aggravation.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home