Saturday, October 20, 2007

Blocking of sites in china

It's really starting to get out of hand, it's like some kind of hobby that the govt has here. "Let's just pick a bunch of US sites and block them and see who we piss off." I mean today i try and go to www.rondomusic.net, this site sells guitars. It's blocked!!!! What possible reason could they have for blocking it? I mean there are rumors that youtube is already back in some parts of china but the fact is ... it's not true!!!! I dunno who is spreading that rumor around on the net but I wish they would stop it. You know I really hate this, the internet is a big part of my life and it's getting to where proxy's won't even work. I hope all of this gets straightened out soon, it's getting to where there is almost no point to having the net at home. :(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hellish.

When a site is blocked, is there a formal note that let's you know Big Brother has closed the door?

Yeah, the Red Menace is sensitive about TS. Do you ever talk about it with locals?

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That previous comment was from me, btw. Forgot to sign it.

Patrick

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home