Tuesday, October 23, 2007

website blocking

many people are claiming that they plan on leaving china as soon as possible due to the number of sites being blocked. This may seem like nothing to you guys back home, but a site like youtube to me is a very useful reasearch tool. Before I buy anything now I try and check it out on youtube if i can, or at least I used to. You guys know about the vids I put up there, feels like my nuts are in a vise. And Patrick there really isn't an official note so to speak, you just get page cannot be displayed where you didn't before. It's odd because certain parts of sites can be blocked as well not just the home page. You may be able to get to the main page but going anywhere from there results in PCNBD. For example, Blogspot, the site in which this blog is published has been unblocked for a couple of weeks, shortly after I finished this very post i noticed that it had been reblocked. One theory is that all websites will redirect to shitty local chinese sites sooner or later. For example whenever you put in www.google.com it will take you to www.baidu.com , china's result censoring search engine. The vise gets tighter and tighter. I have edited this post like 3 or 4 times within the last hour, must be some kinda record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home