Thursday, July 19, 2007

This girl I am seeing

So everything is going pretty well with this girl I am seeing, I really like her, she is very sweet. However, it's strange being in China and talking to people here about serious things. Many people here have views but it's difficult for them to see past their own, many people mistake this for unintelligence when it's really a lack of experiences. Many people here are born, then live, then die in the same town without really going anywhere else. They know they don't always like the way their parents see things, when they develop their own view its difficult to see past it at times. One thing that has been a real challenge for me and this girl is enlightening her to different points of view, Everyone can be a little stuborn and closed minded at times, she believes herself to be open minded. However, I and herself to some extent have discovered that she isn't as open minded as she thought. It seems very important to her to be open minded, therefore her learning has gone past just language, I am now trying to teach her some things about philosophy and different views throughout the world. She seems hungry for this type of knowledge and I am willing to trade it all for Chinese lessons, other than that we do have a very good time together. She loves eating at cheap restraunts and has a healthy appetite for a Chinese girl, she likes TV series, she will even have a beer with me. Overall my kinda girl, just can't wait till I am out of debt so we can do a few more things together. Well all, I gotta get ready for class.

by the way, I know lots of you don't really like cartoons but I stumbled onto a very interesting one a couple years ago called the "Venture Brothers". It tells the story of Dr. Rusty Venture, his two inept sons Dean and Hank, and his half swedish, quarter norwegen, quarter navajo body guard Brock Sampson. The story is great and evolves throughout the series, it's also funny as hell and was made for an intelligent audience. If you guys are interested check it out here http://www.adultswim.com/shows/venturebros/ , you can even watch some clips there and such. It can be quite violent at times, but it's a real laugh now and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home