Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Back on my feet

After being seriously Ill for several days I am back on my feet and at work. I think the break was good for me, my attitude about work has improved a bit. Although, don't get me wrong. I am still working towards the weekends. I have developed a plan about spending and saving, I am going to limit myself to spending 1000 yuan a month on stuff, that works out to around 32 a day. I believe that this is a resonable amount of daily money, anything I don't spend I am saving towards going out to bars and such, it's possible that I may not spend anything some days and that's 32 in the bank right there. I need to buy some furniture for my place, as well as a better TV perhaps. I also still need a better camera, and there are a couple other things I wouldn't mind having. There is still some vacationing I need to do as well since I haven't done any. So it's important that I save for these things, not to mention it would be great to bring some money home and start a savings account and such, and then just start the saving process over again. When I decide to move back home for good I'll have some money to do something with. I wonder when I became bad at saving, when I was young I remember being so good at it. Anyway all, I need to get to class.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back on your feet, Doug.
Good thoughts expressed in this blog. Your approach is realistic and planned.
Suggest you keep a tight rein on the sense of "need". Sometimes it becomes easy to "need" a lot of things that a person doesn't really need. And I'm assuming that you're seeking used things ... remember, you are just using stuff until you eventually leave. At that time you may be able to sell your stuff to someone like you.
Anyway, good thinking ... it will pay off.

Patrick

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home