Thursday, June 14, 2007

Clinics and time

As of right now I believe I am 13 hours ahead of you guys, so here it is already my birthday. 2:22 in the A.M. to be exact, thanks for all the happy birthdays. I am just sorry I can't spend it at home with all of you, and of course happy anniversary to the "G-Rents" :). To answer your question Grandma there are plenty of clinics and dentists that you can go to. However, it's easier said than done in some cases. You see everything in China works on a cash basis, well almost everything. There is medical insurance but it really only covers major surgery's and such, and isn't provided by my current school. So in order to get anythjing done with my teeth or eyes. (Both of them need alot of work) I am going to have to pay for it out of pocket. I don't really make very much even by Chinese ESL standards. I have heard I can find good dentists here and I plan on having a couple bridges done, but I have to save. There is no such thing as minutes on credit for your cell here, every cell is pre paid for the most part. I really wish america was still this way, we would all have to learn to be happy with less, and appreciate what we have more. Anyway I am still pretty ill and need some rest, goodnight all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug!!!

Happy Birthday ... one year til you can't be trusted.

Stay on top of your health. Don't know anything about Chinese medical care, but if it's like their language ... weeeelll ...

Still working OT here ... geez, if it weren't for the taxpayers, this job would be easy.

You know my mantra ... SAVE SAVE and then ... look around and save a bit more.

Later,

Patrick

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home