Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Violently Ill

I haven't been feeling all that well over several days, I have been very upset at not being able to take my birthday off and such. Not to mention the overall stress of work getting to me. I seemed more or less fine all day, but right around lunchtime I started to develop a headache over my right eye. Being that I have almost zero money I hadn't really eaten in a while, I paid for some food in change and gobbled it down quickly on the way back to work. When I got there I was feeling even worse, however i thought it would subside. I was sitting in class with some students and I found it to be incredibly hot, it's normally a little hot at school but it was really hot. I was concerned when my students told me that it was only 25 degrees, this is around 76-78 degrees. Perhaps a little warm but nothing that should make me sweat buckets, then I started becoming cold and getting chills, then I would be hot again. Then the nausia came and I had to excuse myself from class a couple times, upon my return my students suggested I should "Have a rest" and told me that they had suggested to my bosses that i have the rest of the night off, and had taken care of my classes.
My boss walked me home and pointed out several times that I looked awful, he was right. I gave Stoerm a call and he suggested rest and time off. I still had the headache, it had turned into a migrain. I'm all out of I.B.P. so there was little to help the pain. I took off my cloths and turned on my ac and crawled into bed. I thought settng the temp at 23 would be a good idea since I am normally comfortable at this temp, i would have to convince myself that my temp was fine wether I felt to hot or to cold. It was difficult to fall asleep, it seemed like an hour or so went by when my cell rang, it was Joy the teachers assitant from the school informing me that she had the advance of 200 yuan, but I had gone home early. I said all i wanted to do was go back to sleep and it was likely I wouldn't be coming in tomorrow, other than to pick up the cash so I could get some medacine and some food. Sitting here now I don't feel much better, my teeth hurt badly too and I am going to be forced to have some extensive dental work done. I have to get back in bed for a few hours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Maybe Stoerm or Tom could pick you up something?
Linda

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you are ill again, that can really wreck your day. Hope you are able to keep enough fluids down so that you don't get dehydrated. Crackers are a good thing to keep on hand, if you can find just plain soda crackers, tea is also good.

Becky was here for a week, and we had just finished work on our patio where the floor had been torn up from the leveling of the foundation. We are completely wiped out, and it is hot here as well. The 4th of July is just around the corner, and is to me the hottest time of year. So maybe it will start to pull back a
little.

Honey, try to take care of yourself. The dental problem could be the cause of your other symptoms. Infected gums, etc. are sure bad news. Do they have any clinics you could go to? Or something like that to help you?

Love, Grandma

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home