Friday, June 01, 2007

Tedium

Things have been difficult for me lately, I moved out of our apartment early. I did this because of several reasons, with Stoerm there it was just to crowded for the three of us, and there was a lack of consideration when it came to privacy. Frankly I also don't get along with Stoerm as well as I used to, I find that there are certain people I can't be around for more than a few hours at time and Stoerm sadly has become one of those people. You know I was discussing friendship in my english corner yesterday and I stumbled onto something about myself. I really don't care about what someone does for a living, I try to be friends with people based on other things than success. I would also hope that people would want me to be their friends for other reasons than their own success. So when my friends go on about their own accomplishments, or go on and on about hwo successful and wealthy they have become, I feel that that is all fine and well, but should it have an impact on our relationship? I certainly don't think so, I mean I don't like to toot my own horn, some might say that is because I have nothing to toot it about. Perhaps they are right but at the same time should it matter? These are things that I will ponder on for a few days.
I also tire of people who must point out how bad something you have is. My brother baught me a guitar amp for Christmas, it's nothing special, but I can plug my guitar into it and play it. Someone that works with Tom came over and tried it out and nearly every time I see him now he goes on about how my amp's distortion sucks. Frankly it's not that bad it just sounds a certain way, it has that tight 80's sound to it. I know it sucks, I don't need to hear it all the time. It's like people telling me I am fat everyday ... I KNOW!!!! I get it, just tell me once and I will commit it to memory. I would like something better but I have to go all the way to Xi An to buy something at least decent, and I am a very low paid teacher even by chinese standards. You don't walk into someones house and go on and on about how it's smaller than mine.
I am going to do some traveling, I am thinking about going to another country rather than traveling in china. I really need to go somewhere where I can have a decent conversation with someone, so the only place I may be interested in going in china may be Hong Kong, most people speak english there and they are very polite. I am also considering Australia, England, Scotland, Ireland, or possibly even at a stretch New York. Logically it will prolly be Hong Kong, or Australia, but it will be a few months anyhow ... Japan is also a possibillity, I just want to go somewhere that I don't need a visa for.
I am in the hole for money for a while, I am just trying to stay at home more and save money. Who knows I may just wait a while and come home. Anyhow I have to get ready for class, another update later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home