Wednesday, March 14, 2007

ooooooh a package

How exciting, this will be the second package we have recieved since being in this country. Payday is tomorrow and I am going to discuss sending some money home with Tom. Looks like I may get a refund on my taxes this year, but I am not sure how to go about cashing the check. I don't think I can make it payable to someone else, and I won't be there to cash the check, at least not for a while. I am hoping patrick has some idea on what to do here, I am processing my payment online. I do have a bank account here, but it isn't likely they will dump it there. It looks as though I am going to have to talk with the IRS and see what they suggest, idealy I would like that money to stay home and take care of a few outstanding debts anyhow. otherwise it will mean sending money home probably in another month. Anyway payday is tomorrow, it will be my first check at the new job so I am looking forward to having a bit of money for a while. BTW Dad, what exactlly is in said package, if it's just the arch supports I would be happy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Doug ...

If you're receiving a paper check, other than having someone endorse the check as you and depositing the check to some kind of account (from which you could possibly draw while in China), I don't see how getting quick access to your refund could be easily done. BTW, this is done all the time, often flagrantly fradulent (spouses forging the other's signature to deny sharing the money). The IRS strangely seems to not get too involved in addressing this kind of thing, even when presented with undeniable evidence - it's a can of worms.
Although, of course, due to my circumstance, I cannot advise this approach, I can say that if I were in a similar situation, it would be an appealing remedy.
You can get direct deposit if you provide a bank routing and checking account number. I believe you can get it deposited to any account. Tax businesses that provide refund anticipation loans get people's refunds deposited to their business accounts. If the direct deposit failed, after a short time, a paper check would generate to the current address in IRS records.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, well..the package will take a while to get there...a month at least..as to the contents...arch supports,socks, (2) MENNON DEODERANT roll-ons...and a couple surprises. Hope you like!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home