Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

Alright it's been brought to my attention that I'm a huge asshole, sorry about that I have turned the comments feature back on and will try to avoide swearing in the future. The two more recent offensive posts have been removed and things can resume as normal. There are a few things that I must add though.

1. Comments are difficutl to respond to when I don't have much time. So if your going to ask a question about something I have posted, for example, where a video has been shot, please look in teh post or the video description on youtube. I have suually been very clear about where I have taken what, who is going out with whom and such. Now just general comments that i really don;t need to respond to are of course most welcome. I would love some more video, picture, post requests this is really why I turned comments on in the first place.

2. Often bad things happen in life and it's no different here in China. Perosnally i feel that many negative things have happend over my lifetime and they are continuing to happen. So if you want a blog that is all flowers and sunshine every post, then this may not be the blog for you. *I am going to post the good and the bad, this is something that will never change. Often the bad outnumbers the good but some decent things have began to creep into my life so we will just see how it goes.

3. It is very important that everyone realize that I am in China. I won't go into the sordid and brutal history this country has with Japan. Rape and murder are only a few of the atrocities Japan has commited and they are still bitterly hated here. Relations are getting better with the new prime minster in Japan but still, the last thing I want is from someone in Wuhan to see this blog and not see me putting people in their place about this fact. You should all check out a book called "The Rape of Nanking" by Iris Chang and then see how you feel about Japan. It'll put a lump in your throat from what I understand. So please, if you guys don't want me to get "snippy" then this is something I have to be hard about.

Anyway hope to have a couple vids up for you in a few hours.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good going Doug.

Kevin

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What th'?

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Doug for being courteous.
Hope your cold is getting better. Is the school going to do something for Thanksgiving? I also read where Bejing has put a limit on how many dogs you can have and what size because of rabies. They are doing away with as many as they can so people are very upset, plus they are considered a meat source. Does Wuhan have a similar rule? You may not know but I thought I would ask.
Thanks again,
Linda

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home