Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dogs in China, WuHan Specific of course.

Well it appears that Beijing has instituted a 1 dog policy, like 2,000 people got rabies and they killed 500,000 dogs. It is sad but this is no big loss, there are plenty of them in China. I a couple of my students have told me they have a couple of dogs here, but usually one stays home at a time. Very rare that you see someone walking more than one dog. Remember that the people here don't have much money, hell they are only allowed to have one kid. So dogs are a great expense, people seem to prefer cats more. Cats can go out and hunt and stuff, they have wild ferrets here, those make quite a fine meal for a feline. cats also just go into random restraunts and eat off the floor, dogs don't get away with that. Cats are simply good at being sneaky and surviving. One of my sutdents said "I have a pet cat teacher, but he leaves for 2 hours every night and he is fat when he comes home." Odviously this feline is frequenting the restraunts on Zhong Nan San Lu or something. Dogs do the same things but you see dogs eating out of garbage cans and stuff, sometimes they have to resort to eating piles of discarded veggies and such. Dogs are also not very nice hear, you just get the feeling they will bite you. I haven't petted a dog since I have come to China, Lex is going to get a big cuddle when I get home. I will try and get some pictures of dogs for you guys and put them up. Linda your right that is a very small sidecar on that bike, bigger side cars are usualy used for hauling things around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BclD0tddGmE Video about Chinese junkfood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkJy4I-uc_I Some autumn stuff and finally Chinese money.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your videos were informative I enjoyed them very much. I like that the money is different colors and has different scenes on them.
The leaves look like maple leaves but I have never seen any that big. Down here I just use the fake ones to decorate with.
Enjoyed seeing the junk food. It seems that cucumber shows up everywhere over there in the food in some shape or form. It must be one of the easier things to grow and they must have an abundance of them. Your dad was telling everyone about the girls in the apt., he even pulled it up for me in Tomball so that I could see it.
I liked your comments to me about the dogs.
Linda

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home