Thursday, November 16, 2006

Autumn in wuhan, chinese money

I would also point out that Chinese money is all different sizes as well. The widths and even sometimes just the lengths are different. Maybe I will try to get some measurements up for you or something like that. The weather today is awful, it around 65 degrees outside but it's raining too. The fact that it's wet just makes it feel colder, I don't have any rain gear yet so I am just kinda walking around in my beanie and jacket trying to stay under buildings as much as I can. I fear what winter is going to be like, probably very wet and very cold, I'll be sick a lot and probably Tom as well. I think the purchase of a heavy coat may be in order next payday, I'll have to get one that also repels water and what's more I'll have to find one that fits. That is a lot easier said than done around here, Id prolly wear a triple X here or something like that. The thing I don't get is that there are Chinese guys as big as I am, wonder where they get their cloths? Oh and you will probably see me wearing glasses very soon, perhaps by December. I failed my eye exam big time and I am starting to notice that they are going down hill, I am having to hold things really close to read them and it's starting to give me a headache so I haven't been reading or writing much. I am at least going to go get an eye exam and see what the verdict is. I will have to take a chinese person with english skills to translate for me, they have a lot fo cool frames here, I was thinking abotu something really square. They have a lot of really cool frames here. Anyhow gotta run guys

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you might just need reading glasses like me. I got mine about 3 years ago too. They told me to stop looking at computers. My comments was ," Do you have another job for me?" Doesn't it get darn cold there in the winter. Do the plants need rain (drought)? The rain unfoutunately will make that walk to work seem longer. Look for Zi-Cam or something to get a cold away 3x faster or something ands keep it handy.


Kevin

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You took a trip without taking rain gear?!? Lame ... ha ha

Patrick

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin is probably right on the reading glasses. I have some and I like them better than my prescription ones. I didn't tell you that I wore (the prescription ones) last Saturday at the Faire and by the time we left I was hanging out of the door sick as a dog. I hate those things. I have seen other Faire people doing it in the past but they at least had a drinking reason for getting sick. Anyway good luck with those colds. Did you get that tatoo that you showed there or is it the one you had when you were here?

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the rain caught you by surprise. Just stay warm and dry...colds can turn into worse things that you don't want.
You know with all the germs (people spitting,etc)maybe you should consider masks. Someone should make masks cool, and make really cool masks. I mean it sounds like WuHan is a cespool of germ-potential..especially for foreigners.
well, grain-o-salt and all that ole chap...carry-on. bugger

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home