Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sick Again

I get over one cold just to get another, I know the student that did it this time and I could kick the little bastards ass for it. I told him to get away from me in class but he insisted on sitting right by me! I am getting about one cold a week now and it sucks, my blood came back fine so I know I don't have HIV or anything like that but my immune system isn't as strong as I would like it to be. Wonder if there is an inexpensive way to boost my immune system, I can't keep going to work sick as a dog. This is our last day off for this week and then it's more or less back to normal. The next holiday coming up will be thanksgiving but I don't think we get a day off for that at all, and yesterday was Canadian thanks giving. Being that almost the entire staff is canadian they all got together last night and had a get together. I am not canadian, feeling well, or particularly into hanging with the Hankou staff so I took a pass.
Things have not been going well with my co workers at all for the most part, most of them have been in China longer and have allot more experience being here. Still though it's hard to make them understand that we have very little money right now and, and going out and buying expensive food isn't really an option. I don't want to spend all my cash on taxi's so if they decide to do something different all of a sudden and I have to take my own taxi home I am stuck with the whole ride cost. Not to mention I get in a taxi and say the name of my street (Which I have been told I say perfectly) and the taxi driver either looks at me blankly or sks follow up questions. I have no idea what he is asking so often i end up having to walk back home. This is often a very long walk and depending on the time of night very dangerous for a westerner.
They fail to see why I am often frustrated with them and have ceased even trying to understand me. Most of them are just kids and act like it, the only one that is my age and goes out with us is a condesending prick most of the time. I had a friend back in the states that would always shoot my ideas down and generally make me feel inferior, I get the same thing from most of the staff here but especially from this guy that's my age. Not to mention that friend of mine back in the states is still very into making me feel less than human as often as possible. The only answer has to be that my ideas really are shit, I mean it's been verified in two different countries now. So I officially throw in the towel on trying to be creative in any way, from now on I just want the people in charge of me to tell me the way they want it done rather than fight with them and in the end just saying "Look tell me how you want it then!" The little creativity I seem to have will be delegated to my music and photography when I get a good digi cam, I guess I just don't like other people that much. Most of the staff from the school thinks this is all about fun and games, and it's not, not for me anyway. I am here to work, get a degree, and change my life. I don't want to get shit faced every night and go to work hung over, this just seems to be what people here do. Not to mention thee are very few american's around, mostly canadian's so I have very few people that know anything about where I am from.
As Tom mentioned I did make Tacos, wish they were better but that again is just the way it is here. I may buy a small grill and try making some steaks some time but I will have to do them out in fron of the apartment and then take them up to our place I guess, sounds a little difficult but hopefully worth while. Corn tortillas are impossible to get in this country, so I can't make my famous enchlada casserol, next time I make soft tacos I am going to try making the tortillas myself. I may have to get my gas stove working or find a better hotplate though because I dunno if what I have now will really work. It's just induction with presets and I can't vary the temp from what the presets are, maybe Stoerm's friend can help me find a better one. You can afford to go out and eat everyday here if you want but sometimes I really like cooking.
My guitar is Hideous but ti works and that's what matters right now. I hope to have a little studio set up and maybe record some music. Blue sea is a very nice music store and they try their best to be helpful to the one westerner that comes in. Strings are pricy so I am going to try and make them lst as long as I can, trying to keep them clean and such. My coworkers can't understand at all why I bought one, and "I need to play guitar." just seems to go right over their heads. Anyhow this is turning into one of those depressing posts that you guys don't like to read so I will talk at you tomorrow, sorry about the mis-spells BTW but I can't spell check from here this whoe system is in chinese.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are sick again. Children have a tendency to give you all of their viruses and you probably weren't totally over the others. I always get something each year when my children change and then things get better. Do you know how to write music? If not, you could teach yourself and come up with some unusual songs. A blending of the cultures so to speak. I like the way you are learning Chinese words. Take care. Love, Linda

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wisdom...did I detect wisdom coming out in you...marvelous!

It is wise to simply follow the way of things sometimes. You will release your frustration and hostility and this will afford oppertunities for inner growth and harmony. Calm yourself spiritually, and exercise...this will give your body the things it needs to fight disease and be resistant.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home