Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sorry it's been a while

Sorry it's been a while guys, but the internet was on the fritz at school, and frankly still is. I am at an internet cafe right now paying for the internet, sitting in a room filled with smoke. My head phones don't work so all the stuff I have been trying to listen is silent, frankly it's convenient but sucks. BTW about 98% of Chinese men smoke and about 2 % of the women. That may seem odd but that is just the way it is. I have had many Chinese guys try and get friendly by sticking a smoke in my mouth and lighting it. Say no all you want but it never works, I have decided to grow my hair back out as maintaining a shaved head has become awfully expensive. We are not getting our full salaries yet so things can be a little tight at times, but in 6 months there will be some PHAT cash coming in.
Carrie and I had decided to attempt to rekindle our relationship before I left, however with no communication from her in any way shape or form I have little hope that this will pan out. It may not be a bad thing but it's a little sad. Carrie hates where she is but she would love it here, yes certain sacrifices would have to be made, The whole thing about finding women in china for westerners is complete and utter bullshit (sorry Stoerm), but it is. I haven't had a woman give me a second glance yet. Sure skanky whores ask me to pay for it all the time but that isn't me and most of the whores here are dirty as a mop if you get my meaning. Regardless of what may be said I have no wish to sleep with a hooker, thusly I am just as much if not more sexually frustrated than before. I am in a city where most of the women up to my age are just smokin hot, hard to deal with.
I purchased an Electric guitar during the Holiday, it's a Chinese brand called pearl river and is one of the most hideous things I have ever owned. It has a very funny shape some where between a fender telecaster and that ibanez Iceman I left at my parents place. It's coloring makes it look like something that should be floating in a toilet in SoHo, the frets are starting to raise off the neck, but I have been playing the hell out of it. If you go here http://www.pearlriverpiano.com/eprp/guitars.html#Electric%20Guitars and look for the EG-9 model it's the one on the far left. I bought it second hand for 600 Yuan. That's the cool thing about music stores here in china, they have used instruments and you can talk them down on the price. Honestly the shape is begining to grow on me but the color is just awful. I will make a few repairs and trade it back to the store next month and get another second hand one they have there. Or who knows if I repair the frets and it's a nice instrument I may just keep it and get myself something else like an amp or an acoustic, maybe a bass. I think I should be able to hammer the frets back down without doing much damage and all will be fine. But we shall see, as we are purchasing a computer things will be tight again, may make sence to live with it for a while and put a little cash into it, that way I can get closer to what I paid and Blue Sea can sell it for a little more.
Made some tacos the other night, Tom has pics I hope he will post. Ground beef here tastes like it came from a cow that was like 3 years old, and it has lots of gristle. So much so that I lost another piece of one of my molars (I have to see a dentist soon). They only have red onions and the bell pepers have seen better days. Not to mention I know nothing about cooking black beans and screwed that up too. But I know better next time. Also the only thing you can get like a tortilla here is Muslim flat bread, it's better than you may think.
Got over that damn cold finally, it wasn't pretty but only 3 days. I hate teaching sick because I have to talk at half speen anyway, and when I am talking through my nose I can barley be understood. I have gotten a couple of complaints from parents lately. They seem to feel the need to watch the class from outside as I am teaching and it bothers the hell out of me. Anyhow I have been here way to long I hope the internet will be working at school tomorrow. Oh Linda I know they have get togethers for the students but I dunno about fundraisers, remember it is a business, not a school really. I will try my best to find out though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you guys back on-line. Did you travel anywhere on your break??

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home