Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Debit cards

It could be as simple as wiring home some money, having kevin or dad buy me a prepaid netspend visa, and just having them send the card to me. Here is the problem though, They open mail here and about the last thing I want to do is to have someone steal the card. It looks like I may get a healthy tax return I am hoping I can just dump that return into my paypal account, I can then use a virtual debit card to make online purchases. Perhaps I can dump the funds into toms bank account and then have him send them to his paypal account, and then mine. This sucks, at least I know what I will have to do when I get home. Work is going a bit better, although a co worker has found out that she has been an illeagel alien for the fast several months and is facing a very heavy fine. Well ... heavy for this country anyhow, I am in a rush to get all my paperwork in order so the same thing doesn't happen to me, I have until september but ya know, I don't want to forget. You know as I sit here having spent the whole morning doing my taxes, I realized that I am getting very little communication from back home again. Dad and Patrick communicate with me the most. I have been trying to call everyone that I have numbers for to wish happy birthdays and easter, but no answer at all. It seems odd to me that neither mom or dad were home even into the afternoon. I called a friend of mine instead to check up on him and see how things were going, it was nice to hear from someone and he was glad I called. I really am sorry I haven't been posting so much, but honestly I am so tired by the time I get home I just want to play games or watch a movie and get to bed. it's frustrating that I hit ; instead of ' when I type now. I must have injured my pinky from writing by hand so much, I haven't ben able to hit the key since then.
I put on alot of weight this winter, I am close to being heavier than I have ever been and I don't like it. I am back on a low carb diet during the day, at night I eat whatever I want as long as it's resonable. I am starting to exercise at night as well, I use the free little gym outside our apartment, but it's enough to get my heart pumping, then I usually walk a mile or so. I actually felt thinner after last night.
I found a new apartment and should be moving in at the beggining of June, I am really stoked about the whole thing. It is going to cost me a little more than I want to spend, but it's a much bigger place and one thing I like is alot of space. Not to mention that it will be a good idea just in case Tom comes back, he'll need a place to stay. I am finally to the point where I have the majority of the things I want and then I can start saving money, hell even saving a hundred bucks a month would be good for me since I am shit with saving money. Anyway guys, I really have to get ready for class. I have many things on my mind right now, so check back often I may be updating several times a day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point about the mail thing. If that's the conundrum, what about a secure mail method ... it would cost more, no doubt, but figure in the cost and trouble versus other methods. Remember to thoroughly think it out so you don't get surprised (except pleasantly, of course). Combine efforts (maybe share the cost with Tom if he can use the security or even someone else you know). Hopefully, you'll only have to do it once, and then you can have control from your end. BTW, what method are you and Tom using to repatriate funds back to the U.S.?

Later,

Patrick

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I hear something aboot saving money...well,I'll be dipped in lark's vomit, braised in sheep snot and eaten by a zombie! Go Douglas....Go Douglas.....

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home