Sunday, January 21, 2007

World Tax

Unfortunately the good ol’ U.S. of A. enacts a world tax. This means that any American working in a foreign country not only has to pay taxes to the country we work in but also to the US, this has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. It’s like the US has allowed me to leave and work in another country, so I owe them something for that. There is one saving grace, from what I understand most of us don’t really make enough to have to pay this anyhow. Really it’s just another example of blood from a stone if you ask me.
Job hunt is going all right, I was planning on starting the process on Tuesday but it may have to wait until the 25th or 26th because I have to go all the way to Hankou for some of it and I am expected to cover the taxi. Being that I have zero money right now and apparently I have burnt bridges on borrowing from Tom I will have to wait until I get my salary from before and all the part time work I have done since then. I hate to do this but the fact is I have no real choice, I wasn’t supposed to loose the job in the first place. I was unprepared to say the least. I will need cash to get around for all these job interviews as all the main offices are usually in Hankou but where I am working will be in Wuchang. Hanyang, Hankou, and Wuchang are the three former cities that make up WuHan. Look up Wuhan on Wikipedia and it will explain it for you.
However, I do keep getting job offers. After the 25th everything will be much easier, I find the effects of depression setting in. Exhausted all the time, any effort only makes me more tired. Insomnia, I can’t sleep or I’m only able to get sleep for a couple hours at a time. It’s getting to the point where I would rather do noting than anything at all, I’ve been here before and I’ll get out of it. These are the times I really miss Carrie; she would always encourage me when I was at this point. I could use some of that now, I need to go, have lots of work to do I gave a test at EF today and progress reports have to be done. Need some sleep … can’t believe I am going to have two jobs, it’s been a long time. Love you guys, goodnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home