Thursday, November 30, 2006

When it rains it pours

You know just when you think you have settled in and things are starting to go well in your life, a ton of bricks gets dropped on you. I haven't been in the boss's office for a while now for anything other than normal work stuff, but today he calls me in after work, he has been diagnosed with some type of heart problem, likely do to all the drinking and smoking he does nearly every day.
"Doug, I'm not feeling well today so I'm not going to make this a long speech."
"Alright. (dammit what is it this time)"
"Doug I'm forced to tell you that we are going to have to extend the porbationary period of your contract one month. You arrived here on september the 4th, so it would normally end in a few days, but now it will go until january 4th."
"ok (He's saying I'm a shit teacher again) so how is this negative and how does it affect me?"
"Well to many students aren't resigning for your classes and your loosing the school money. So other than having a good chance of loosing your job in a month, the only other thing would be that you can't take any paid time off for the next month. It's sad really as you are usually the most active during the teachers meetings, where as everyone else hardly participates."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqru0I0_jes Our living room for anyone who has interest

I have another vid for you guys but it's still processing, I'll add it to this post when it is done so check back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your videos and your new hat is cool. Hope things work out for you. Health wise you seem to be doing better?
Linda

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you thinking about doing if you have to leave? Houston? Staying in China? I could see you and Tom either in Houston or Austin or in separate towns all together.
Take care,
Linda

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home