Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Federation Credits

Federation credits aren't a physical thing, they are an electronic marker attatched to a person. When you purchase somethng with them they are simply deducted from your account. they don't even go through a bank from what I understand. By the 24th century gold is practically worthless, that goes for all the metals we find precious today. Gems however and Latinum do carry value, but only on non federation worlds IE: Bajor, Feringinar. Also fed credits can't be transferred to another person nor can they be exchanged for other forms of currency. I found a good page on the unofficial economics of star trek, check it out here it really seems like a great system. it's a quick read.
http://vanparecon.resist.ca/StarTrekEcon/

As for other things, I have had a good run of days off from work, things are back on track and going well with janice except for one thing. She doesn't like tom at all, and she can't seem to tell me why. This is causing problems as it's hard to do things as a group, so i end up doing things with the two of them alone, this works out alright but I have to do everything at strange hours and sometimes it means I am up really late, she gets a very strange vibe when it comes to him. Not sure why she likes my other phelandering friends and not him. Oh well, not sure what is going to be done about this, it will have to be straightened out eventually, but time will tell i guess. I have to prepare for my classes now, hope to update later if the internet is back up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home