Friday, July 27, 2007

What about China?

Great to hear you will be going to the big apple and such Patrick, but what about China? You did specifically say in a letter to Tom and I that you and Dad would be coming here to check us out? I suppose since Dad is now gainfully employed it makes that trip harder.
Janice is very pretty, honestly the pictures don't do her justice. She is a very nice girl, however being that her parents hate westerners I am not expecting the relationship to last very long. Chinese people are chained to their parents until they are about 30, even if someone really likes you they won't continue to see you if their parents have a problem with you. To me this is rediculous and I am trying to open her mind up a little, so we'll see. She is going to give it a couple of months and then tell them, i really hope things work out I like her alot.
There was a power outage at work last night so we all got done an hour early, that was nice. You know working on saturday in china isn't so bad really, it's so busy. I just hate having to get up so early to get ready to come in, saturday is my early day for work.
The mickey d's across from my place is open 24 hours now ... bad news. Well the time for class grows nearer so I gots to run. Might update a bit later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug ...

I DO want a chance to travel with Jim to China, but your Dad's got an income gig going so this year isn't looking good.
However, next post-work-season, I am planning a trip using frequent flier miles to the Far East (incl Japan, China, SE Asia), maybe even taking the Trans-Siberian railway from Beijing to Moscow.
This year, in order to save money for the following year, I'm taking a couple of domestic trips and not much more (ha ha subject to whim, of course).

Patrick

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got back from San Antonio, school related. Your dad is supposed to be in this evening, Sunday 29th. I could be in West Virginia right now but I had to do the school thing for licensing.
I think everyone is having to think about what we are doing in order to save some money for later, or to get some bills paid. Janice is very pretty and I'm glad you have someone to date.
Take care,
Linda

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home