Sunday, February 11, 2007

To some extent

Tom would probably tell you he believes in conformity to a certain extent, doing and looking exactlly like a job wants you to is a way to avoid trouble. He likes to avoid trouble at work, i don't think he would have a problem admitting that. He would certainly tell you that he is anti social and proud of it. So yes Patrick he is in fact both, he is only social when he has to be. I was hoping that this job would help him to learn to become more social. Although he has become slightly more social, he claims he doesn't like the work, but he is also considering coming back here so who knows.
As for my comments, I don't believe that anything good came from keeping your mouth shut. By the way if you don't have the stones to leave your name with your comments then don't leave one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO see how Tom is a conformist, but I don't really see him as anti-social. He may be asocial or nonsocial, but he scarcely seems anti-social (which is a pretty extreme position vis-a-vis society). I'm probably not the most conformist person around, but I am hardly anti-social.

Patrick

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is sometimes wise to keep ones mouth shut. This is a time-honored conclusion that is handed down from all cultures. There is also a time to speak out. The "rub" is having the wisdom to know when those times are.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home