Sunday, February 04, 2007

The new work

The new job is the same kinda thing, except I only teach adults now. I like the actual work much better, but the schedule sucks. Classes are an hour long compared to 2 hours and up at the other school. I only have to walk down to Mcdonalds and I am at work, takes me about 15 minutes to leave the house and get clocked in, practically right across the street. Many of my students like me so far and they all seem to realize I am tryign to teach them something, this si what I have been looking for in a job here. For the time being I am happy, there are problems of course, but they are minor considering.
Some of the comments I have been getting are very condasending, almost ... selfish I would say. One thing all of you out there reading this blog, family or otherwise, should accept, is that I don't give a damn what other people think, I never have. If I went around doing what the majority of my family told me to do I would be some miserable republican stuck in harlingen all my life barely able to scratch out a living. You know it's funny, I just did an english corner on generation gaps and it turns out families in somke ways ar elike governments, especially in China. To much government/family, friends trying to control what you do, take away your freedoms, and control everything you do. It's not intentional at all times, all these people say they are looking out for you, at times it's hard to tell who the people influencing your life really are looking out for in the end. Perhaps this is why I had to get away from all of this for a while, but really, comments like "You reap what you sow" or "Tell me where the money tree is." aren't going to prompt me to post anything positive. I don't care what you guys think about me, but if comments are left like this, they may be challenged, or just ignored. Again as far as money goes, yeah i have found a way to be wealthy in this country but if you think 644 USD a month is a lot of money then go ahead. I am sorry that this blog is not flowery and posative all the time, but for like the 10th time this is a journal, I must be accurate about how i feel as a book will be written based on these postings. If you can't handle me being honest about my feelings with myself or you then perhaps this isn't the blog for you, it's format will not change. That's all for now

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are trying to be honest to you too.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scratching out a living is done where ever you are. China, United States, wherever, it doesn't matter ever we all do it where we are at. $644 USD is a little bit of money here, but it is more valuable over there that's great, life it up, I'm happy for you. Yet, it's you that's the one being selfish in your writings, can't you see that.

"Tell me where the money tree is" is just trying to say we are all trying the same thing, it's rough. We all try to make it.

"You reap what you sow" is how you talk about the family. If you are talking "SMACK" about us, how are we suppose to respond, "Yes, Doug you know best"?

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I think seeking the whereabouts of the "money tree" is a fair ask ... after all, we're all looking for it in one way or another.

Sounds like you have established a niche for yourself, Doug. Often, that's the best we can do in "WorkWorld". So ride that pony for all its worth. Collect experiences, if nothing else.

Patrick

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home