Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wuhan's Finest

I'm not sure how exactly to take, or respond to Dad's comment. So I am just going to say it like this. To my knowledge there is only one doughnut shop, they are pretty pricy so some high rollers do go in there, now and then some low rollers to. Families save up money for months to go to places like that, but this is how it is all over Wuhan. You can tell the people rolling around in the Audi's, Buick's, Peugeot's, and BMW's have some cash and everyone else doesn't. Wuhan for all it's glory is a seedy place and I think they would be proud to admit that. Walking around here you just get the feeling that there are things going on that shouldn't be, and it isn't always being hidden very well. I have seen all kinds of things being snorted off glass tables here and it hasn't even been a month yet. However, as long as you keep your head about you, you can't help but love Wuhan. As it is I never want to go home, I know I will have to some day, but stepping right into white color has been very nice. The fact is I'm a loser back home, here I am somebody, get allot of attention (I get propositioned by some of the lovely working girls of wuhan all the time, I haven't bought yet, and probably won't, but it's nice to be noticed). Compared to the states I make more money a month than anyone I know back home(On a relative level of course). Wuhan isn't the type of place where there are allot of famous people, Now if you were talking about the cops dad, they are far to busy doing other things. I am not going to say anything that may get me into trouble so I will just say it this way.

1.air conditioned police station
2.free food
3.cable TV
4.Majong
5.air conditioned squad cars with CD players.

That should give you an idea of what the cops do all day, not to mention the last thing any self respecting Chinese cop wants to do is act like an American cop. Well, it's getting on the late side here and I need some rest for class tomorrow so hope that cleared everything up about doughnut shops and cops in china.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug, I have been reading your blog and feel I should tell you that if you had put as much effort into your life here at home as you do there things probably would have been different for you and your feelings would be different. I am glad you are enjoying yourself and are comfortable. I feel that you needed the change to grow and become a man. Do remember that you are loved here and we all care about you and Tom. Tell him to talk to us sometime. Hope you get pictures up soon. I think I found your Univ. on Goggle Earth and have looked at the pictures for Wuhan on the Internet. There are some neat things to check out.
Thinking of you and Tom. Linda

11:33 AM  
Blogger Stoerm Anderson said...

Linda,

If you have found the school on Google, please post it. I'm dying to give these guys some directions to some cool places, but I don't know where exactly they are. I've got it down to about one square mile, but that's as good as I can do without going there or having a good map.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home