Thursday, October 04, 2007

moving

As i believe I stated in the moving video, His landlord is simply ceasing the lease with his job. So for lack of a better term he has been evicted through no fault of his own. See the way it works with his job is a little different than they way it works with mine. They provide him an apartment and say "Here you can live here with another person until your done with your contract." or they can give you a very small housing allowance and just have you fend for yourself on the apartment, that is what tom is doing now. My job gives me a resonable allowance and lets me fend for myself. As far as peoples plans go patrick I can;t really tell you about Tom, I doubt Tom knows himself and anyone that knows him would know why I say that. As for me I don't see myself living in the US again full time for many many years. I will be back for a visit every year if I have my way, but that's about it. Tom and I were expecting to see you and Dad already, at least we thought you two were going to be coming this year. It's unlikely that I will have money to do any traveling before december or january. Janice and I plan to take a small trip during spring festival. Honestly I was a little dissapointed when you planned another trip this year as your very sincere letter at the airport said "Soon" that has been 1 year and one month ago, not that soon eh? Although I suppose it's better now as I have a girlfriend that speaks chinese and may be interested in traveling with us. not to mention other friends whose chinese is good. Just because I can speak some chinese here doesn't mean they will understand me in other provinces. So plans ... tell me what you want to do and I'll make some

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.

This year is an off-travel year for me. That is, no really big, long trips, which is mostly my style. When I'm serious about travelling, I will move out of my apt and store my stuff. I renewed the lease to expire 7/31/2008 and then, in a sense, I'll be a free agent ... plus, by conserving resources, I'll be able to cut loose for months at a time.

I had planned to travel with Jim, because of the natural advantages of travelling with someone else, and the common interest of visiting China (not to mention the inside connection ... you guys). Circumstances prevail upon Jim more than me, so Jim travelling is always a big question mark. Nonetheless, I have strong inclination to visit Asia next year, Jim going or not.
BTW, a bit premature, but one of the sweeteners of the deal to visit China, in case you don't make it to U.S., is to use my luggage allowance and bring a big duffel full of requested/needed goodies for y'all.

But that's a bit ahead of myself ... things happen ... (sigh).

Patrick

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you went over and helped Tom move. Is his apartment somewhat like yours or are there some that are different? It's good that you two live closer together so that you can check on each other. I am taking some time off and getting things done so I haven't gotten another job, yet. I do a little subbing now and then. It doesn't pay squat really, but I'm okay. I do not want to go into the reasons here about what happened. Take care and remember things can change in a flash so make the most of your time. Linda

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home