Friday, September 14, 2007

Saving money

You guys have no idea how badly I want to save money, I really do, but the fact is I can;t for a little while. My teeth are still killing me, I haven't done anything about them, they need to be fixed somehow. Not to mention I would like to come home for a few weeks at some point, it will prolly be a couple more months before I can put anything away. The good news is I will be getting a bonus at the end of my contract in Feb, it's not going to be huge, but it will go right into my savings account. I am also going to attempt to organize some part time work as well, perhaps in the mornings on my day off or before my normal job. Honestly though I am putting in about 30-40 hours a week as it is, at odd times of day, i just get wipped out so easily. long story short, around december I should be able to save money. I gotta run i have stayed up way to late I have an early day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, saving doesn't involve risking your health, enduring pain, going without necessities, etc.
What I'm talking about is becoming self-critically aware of unnecessary spending ... eating out, buying DVDs, paying more for transportation than necessary. Almost everyone can tighten the belt ... by being resourceful and "analytical" (avoiding the first four letters). I know, cause I've done it for years.
Now I have tons of discretionary bucks and still sock away a large part of my income. And I don't deny myself ... travel at will, buy kool electronics, cool car.
But it did require sacrifice and postponed consumption (as opposed to immediate gratification and indulgence).
It IS worth it (esp in the long run, and you have a long run ahead of you).
Again, I'm not talking about scrimping on true necessities ... the discipline comes from discerning "I need" from "I want".

Patrick

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home