Friday, September 28, 2007

He giveth and He taketh away

The snag turned into a full blown rip earlier tonight. Went out to dinner as planned, but things just didn't work out well at all. She was unable to give me an answer and was unresponsive all night. The evening ended with me throwing some Taxi money on the table for her and saying "I don't want to see you again until you can tell me what the problem is so I can make it right." I don't want to get into the details, but I suppose for right now I no longer have a girlfriend. The situation may be remedied at some point, but I have gotten to be pretty good at reading certain things from people. For right now i don't think she will ever contact me again, time to move on I guess.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that, Doug. Hope this doesn't hit you too hard. Also, hope it doesn't affect your work (i.e. Janice is in your class, passes by everyday, etc.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.

I just finished a two-week training recall at my job, and I'm yet again a free man. I'm starting to think about next year (around early to late August) travel. One thing I've got my eye on is the Trans-Siberian rail journey. One of the termini is Beijing, so that would be convenient. However, changes in my workplace have made a reliable release date unclear.

Keep the chin up. Old Ben "A penny saved ... etc, etc".

Patrick

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good move slick!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home