Friday, April 20, 2007

Europe

After reading my fathers blog I find that he wants us to travel to and work in europe. I have a couple things to say about europe. Overated and boring are the first things that come to mind. I am in the country that invented the noodle, I am in the country that invented bank notes, I am in the country that invented saurcraut (which my father likes so much). It's also fucking cheap here, Europe is so expensive. Not to mention that I would need a degree to work in europe, there are a few places I would like to see of course, I have always wanted to go to Ireland. However ... europe is just so uninteresting to me. When I come home I may see if I can spend a couple days in ireland or england but that is about all I would care about doing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kamakura Kid said...

Hmmm, I can see your point but then again all the greatness you point to occured thousands or hundreds of years ago. I mean, noodles, paper money and sour cabbage are not real pullers. Everyone ought to see China, Japan and other places in Asia as well as Europe. The degree clause is a real negative, there must be a way around it. Remember to be certain you are covered with health insurance while in Europe, Japan hospitals were expensive last time I was there. Europe would be higer, China the lowest of the pick.

Enjoyed the site as always.

Cheers, KK

www.healthyexpat.com
www.eslspider.com

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW ... what is the difference in magnitude between "f*cking cheap" and "really cheap"? Just curious.

Patrick

P.S. "My heart's in the Highlands".

Patrick

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With EF you get housing and food...this IS expensive in Europe, but you would have a hedge on that. If I had a free place and food in Europe...I'd be there. You, however, please do what you want.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home