Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Job Offers

Alright guys here are the offers so far, there are two on the table. One is from an English school in the province of Hubei in the city of WuHan. This is nice because the university I want to go to is there, however, there are a few issues with this position. The pay is good at 5500 RMB (about 688.00 USD per month) however to get that I have to work 30 hours a week, 39 during the winter season. My days off are not guaranteed and may not be weekends, and I will only get one day off during the winter
Now 30-40 hours is an awful lot of hours to work for that wage compared to the other jobs I have seen online. I will be provided an apartment but I will have to share it with one other person at least, there is some furniture, I have to pay for power and any internet services (Power is about 25 bucks a month, can you believe that shit!). Meals are not provided. So this is a good paying job with very little benefits otherwise, WuHan also gets very hot during the summer, and winters are wet and wicked cold, occasional snow as well.
The second offer is in the province of Jilin in the city of Tonghua. This is in the north eastern part of China where as WuHan is centrally located. This job pays a little less at 4000 RMB (About 500 USD). However, to get that I will work no more than 20 hours a week and I am guaranteed weekends off. I also get a personal apartment, they say at the most I may have to share with one other person, maybe. Now here is the clincher for this job, everything is covered and the apartment is fully furnished. I also get a TV and a computer will be provided for me with free broadband. This is at one of the royal English schools in Tonghua, which by the way is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen as it has many forest and nature reserves. I have inquired as to universities in the area but have not received a reply. Now get this, this place has snow from October to April and there is no way I am passing up snow 6 months of the year if I can help it. Also the school will provide me one meal a day; I’ll take less dough to have all those extra benefits. I plan on taking this job as soon as possible; I am just waiting for them to reply back. That’s all so far, I have a course to go finish so this is the only post for right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home