Thursday, November 06, 2008

Democracy

Congrats to Prez Elect Obama, I am glad to see that the majority of Americans were ready for a change. Obama seems like a genuinely honest and nice guy, I find it easier to believe what he says, and I really like the fact that he is a realist. He tells the American people how it is without any sugar coating, I think honesty is what we need right now. Even if that honesty may not be what we want to hear, I would be nervous if he were overly optimistic.
Congrats also to John McCain, although I don't think I would have liked him as our president, he did gather nearly half the popular vote. I can understand his desire to be president, being closer to the end of his life than the beginning, and going through what he did as a young soldier. I appreciate the sacrifices he made so that we could be free men and women. I am sure that he will be working closely with president Obama to help our nation become strong again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I all actuallity McCain has been trying to get to be President since the 1990's or before.

6:21 AM  
Blogger goemonronin said...

Yeah, maybe, but when was he ever in the final 2

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home